Passport Rehabilitation Program
The goal of our Passport Program is to restore you to health. We understand that every person under our care has distinct requirements for therapy. Your individual rehabilitation is tailored to a series of realistic, short-term achievements based on getting you home.
Our services are designed to give you the skills and abilities needed to live a healthy and fulfilling life. Whether you’re struggling with physical or post-operative challenges, our dedicated staff will cater to your unique needs and preferences, providing customized therapy in comfortable and finely appointed accommodations. We offer these services 7 days a week, as directed by your physician.
Often times individuals come to us on a planned basis following a pre-scheduled surgery. Make us part of your “journey” to a more fulfilling life by pre-booking your room and therapy services in advance of your surgery. We will handle all of the “paperwork” for you and your surgeon, by working with Medicare and your insurance carrier to give you one less thing to worry about. For more information, please speak to our Admissions Department.
Our Passport Program includes:
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
Our Passport Program Specialties and Services:
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
- Neurological Impairments
- Cardiac Recovery
- Respiratory Therapy
- Heart Failure Services
- Amputee Rehabilitation
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
- IV Therapies
- Orthopedic Injuries and Post-Surgical Care
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Wound and Decubitus Management
Pulmonary Disease Management Program
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs are designed to maximize the functional abilities of persons with Pulmonary Disease.
- Rounding Respiratory Therapist
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) on staff
- Interdisciplinary Approach to Disease Management
- Tracheotomy Care
- Tracheostomy Care
Heart Failure Program
Our Heart Failure Program is designed to provide education, evaluate the many intricacies of heart failure including the underlying causes, medications and necessary lifestyle modifications.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) on Staff
- Adherence and Understanding of the American Heart Association Guidelines for Diagnosis/Management
- Onsite Automatic External Defibrillators (AED) to address any emergency needs
- Smoking Cessation Counseling
Accelerated Care Plus (ACP)
Accelerated Care Plus (ACP) is the nation’s leading provider of integrated clinical programs for sub-acute and long-term care rehabilitation providers, combining specialized treatment programs, innovative medical technology, evidence-based clinical protocols, and advanced therapist training.
Our ACP program includes:
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation (E-Stim)
- Pulsed Shortwave Diathermy
- OmniCycle™ Elite Motorized Rehabilitation System
Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care
For more than 30 years, National Health Care Associates’ (NHCA) centers have been recognized as the leaders in providing care for those individuals who can no longer be cared for at home or in an assisted living facility due to illness, frailty, or some other limitation. We believe in quality care, compassion and enhancing the lives of every individual. At National Health Care Associates … we touch people’s lives.
All of NHCA’s centers offer comprehensive long-term care services, including:
- Activity Programs
- Therapeutic Recreation Programs and Activities
- 24 Hour Skilled Nursing Care
- Primary Care and Specialty Physician Services
- Restorative Care
- Case Management
- Nutrition Services
- Family Counseling and Support Group
- Social Services
At Water’s Edge, our team has enhanced our memory care programming and services to best meet the needs of residents with dementia and Alzheimer’s. Our Memory Care community includes a designated dining room as well as a comfortable and spacious living area for cognitive and social activities that include evening programming. A few specialty services that our center offers include:
- All new Lighthouse Room– this calm and serene space in the colors of the sea is on our main floor and allows for additional space for our residents to enjoy programming. Our team has integrated recreation that brings our traditional long-term care residents together with our dementia / Alzheimer’s residents to include spa therapy (including a message therapist that comes monthly), a book club meeting, cooking programs, entertainment, bingo and more.
- Alzheimer’s Support Group held the first Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 860.347.7286.
- Sensory Room– Located on our Memory Care floor, this relaxing space is one that combines gentle light, movement, and tactile objects designed to either calm or stimulate residents. Our specially trained memory care team will utilize this space for one-to-one sessions with residents or for tailored groups’ to enhance mood and reduce anxiety.
Respite Care Program
Caring for someone in need of medical and emotional support requires tremendous energy. For those times when a caregiver needs some relief, whether for a few days or a couple of weeks, our center offers respite services. An individual normally cared for at home or similar setting can be admitted to our center for a short-term stay in order to provide the family caregivers a chance to recover from the stresses of daily care, take a vacation or focus on other personal needs. Services offered in conjunction with a respite stay may include:
- 24 Hour Skilled Nursing Care, as needed
- Medication Management
- Recreation Programs
- Physical and/or Occupational Therapy, if indicated
- Nutritional Needs Management
- Family Support Counseling
Palliative Care & Hospice Services Coordination
Working in conjunction with certified Hospice care providers, our center offers a wide range of clinical and supportive services aimed at providing comfort and dignity to individuals with terminal illnesses. Services offered within our palliative care model include:
- 24 Hour Skilled Nursing Care
- Medication Management
- Spiritual and Emotional Support
- Recreational Programs, as appropriate
- Family Counseling and Care Participation